connect with us!

phone: (303)-660-0057

fax: (303)-660-1532

preschool: (303)-663-6077

office@newhopepres.org

worship services are

at 9:00 & 10:45am

children's sunday school and nursery services are at 9:00 & 10:45

sunday service

  contact us

    From the beginning, New Hope was established as a “frontier outpost” for a community that is still arriving. Our roots go back to the congregations of Louviers and Sedalia.

     

    These started as mission fellowships in the early 1900’s and grew into churches, chartered in the 20’s. Louviers was a company town and was built for the employees and their families by DuPont for the dynamite factory that is still there. Area ranchers and townspeople formed the congregation of Sedalia. Their original facilities were washed away in the South Platte River flood of 1965. Undaunted by adversity, a new facility was built and dedicated in 1966.

     

    With the continued growth in the area through the 70’s and 80’s, neither congregation was able to expand on its own or effectively reach out to the new growth area of Castle Rock. After much discussion, dreaming and prayer, the two congregations decided to join forces and start a new church in Castle Rock. The proceeds from the sale of the two older facilities would be used for seed money to build a new campus. It was a momentous decision. Both congregations sacrificed the comfort, convenience and certainty of their local congregations and risked it all to minister in a new location. The new congregation was appropriately named,

    “New Hope” and was chartered in January, 1989. The new congregation met in the Castle Rock Recreation Center until the new facilities were completed and dedicated on Easter, 1990.

     

    The road for the new congregation was not an easy one. In the first years of their existence, they faced the challenges internally and in the community. The character of the congregation was forged through these times as people rallied around the church. A core of people were determined not to be deterred from the dream of having a vital church in Castle Rock. Their courage and faithfulness are still felt today. The “mission” character of New Hope is stronger than ever.

     

    Much has changed since the early days of Sedalia and Louviers, yet the lingering characteristics of risking and reaching out with the gospel of Jesus Christ pervade this place. The membership, facilities, program and staff of New Hope continue to grow as the mission continues to grow. Our history and our faith confirm that God has great plans for New Hope and we believe our best days are still ahead.

    our history

     a deeper look

    Jan 1989 - Dedication of the original Sanctuary (Phase 1)

    Jul 2000 - Expansion into our Education Wing (Phase 2)

    Nov 2008 - Opening of the new Sanctuary (Phase 3)

    new hope timeline