We all say we want a more sane, meaningful, and joyous Christmas season, but old habits are hard to break. When we first did our “Unplug the Christmas Machine” workshops, I came across a “Christmas Pledge.” It is still a good list!
The Christmas Pledge
Believing in the beauty and simplicity of Christmas, I commit myself to the following:
1. To remember those people who truly need my gifts
2. To express my love for family and friends in more direct ways than presents
3. To rededicate myself to the spiritual growth of my family
4. To examine my holiday activities in light of the true spirit of Christmas
5. To initiate one act of peacemaking within my circle of family and friends
I don’t always keep this pledge (did I mention that old habits are hard to break?) but I’m always better when I do.
Which of the above would make a difference in your life this year?