The Early Days
From the beginning, New Hope was established as a "frontier outpost" for a community that was still arriving.
Our roots go back to the congregations of Louviers and Sedalia. These congregations started as mission fellowships in the
early 1900's and grew into churches, which were chartered in the 20's and 30's. Louviers was a company town and was
built for the employees and their families by DuPont for the dynamite factory that still remains to this day. Sedalia was a
congregation compiled of area ranchers and townspeople. Their original facilities were washed away in the
Platte River Thompson flood of 1965. Undaunted by adversity, a new facility was built and dedicated in 1966.